Passports are usually required when crossing the US/Canadian border. Customs officers on both sides like to see proof of citizenship and identity. Sometimes birth certificate (for children) & photo ID (for adults) are sufficient for border passing if someone doesn't have a current passport.

Leave your pepper spray, handguns & other weapons on the American side. If you feel vulnerable as a result of killer bears -or just foreigners in general, flare guns are legal to carry -if you're "going kayaking".

For more information on crossing the border and traveling in Canada, click here.

This Bus Schedule may be handy for getting around Whistler.